Thursday, February 12, 2015

Week 4

This will be short.  I do not have mucho tiempo and not a lot to write about.  In the MTC, we do not exactly switch our schedules.  This week was pretty great.  I feel like it was a more laid back week. My third week was the pretty hectic one.  On Tuesday, we had our devotional by Gregory Shwitzer.  He made me think a lot about how I can be a better missionary.  The quote from the talk was " You have one shot... dont miss it. " I feel like being a missionary you have one chance.  We can not let our fears get in the way of striving to be better.   I think that it could apply to everyone not just missionaries.  Always look for those tender mercies that make you better. On Wednesday, I finally got to Host.  It was so fun, but so sad to see all the missionary's parents crying.  I felt like I was dragging them away, but at the same time promising the MTC is super fun.  All in all, it was a great experience  that I will get to do again this week.  Funny Moment of the week:   It was at night and Hermana Wood and I were trying to figure out what drink we wanted from the vending machine.  We started to rap and dance a little then all of a sudden we hear this sweet little voice saying " Oh, I love your dancing".  It was Sister Glacier ( Branch Presidency wife).  We were pretty embarrassed, but it made for a pretty funny story. I love being a missionary and the happiness it brings me.  I have learned so much in just a short amount of time. MIssions definitely come with challenges but the key is to just forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. When you stop thinking about your happiness and start thinking about others happiness, you truly have become a real missionary.  I miss yall so much! 

                                                                                            Hermana Dempsey

No comments:

Post a Comment