Sunday, February 1, 2015

Week 2

So, I would say this week has gone by super fast. You do not realize it's P-day until it is actually P-day. The days are really long and you're spiritually drained all the time but it is wonderful here. It has really helped to strengthen my testimony. Okay, so on to my days. This email might be short because there is not much to say. Our schedule stays pretty much the same. So, last Monday we finished our last lesson with Reyna, it was a sad day, but at least she agreed to be baptized. Then we found out she would be our new teacher and her real name is not Reyna. On Tuesday, we picked up a new investigator name Alan. We have had two lessons so far that have gone alright. It is just so hard to be able to talk when your spanish is so bad. Wednesday, it was so weird because we got new missionaries and we were not the newbies anymore. It was so weird to think we have been here for almost two weeks. I am so excited because we get to host Wednesday.  On Thursday, we had our service day. My comp. Hermana Hartley and I had to wash, sweep, and dry the stairs in our dormitories. There are four floors and two sets of stairs. It was a very long and tiring task, but we finally got it done after 2 hours. I love service time because we get to wear pants. I miss pants so much esp. in the cold. This weather makes wearing skirts so painful. I always cannot wait for Sunday because it is just so wonderful. My comp. and I were feeling stressed to the max because we have to give the Sunday School lesson next week and also got called as music coordinators for Sacrament.  So, we were feeling stressed until we went to Relief Society. We were able to hear some amazing talks that just strengthens you so much. The Spoken Word is just so sweet to hear every Sunday.  Sunday night we were able to have our devotional with the MTC manager over missionaries. He was so funny but gave an awesome talk about letting Satan push your buttons. Sunday devotionals are the best. You get to relax from your studying and hear some inspirational words. To end Sunday night, we got to watch Character of Christ by David A. Bedinar. I advise everyone to listen to this talk. It will change your point of view in ways you can not describe. It really changed my view on how I can become a better missionary. Okay funny moments of this week:
1. A bird smacked into our classroom window.
2. We convinced Elder Lines that Hermana Wood's first name is Katniss
3. Asian elder made fun of himself ( that was hilarious)
                                                                                           Well I got to go Te Amo,      Hermana Dempsey


Hermana Dempsey

No comments:

Post a Comment